1. Make sure to read all the information about any product you are considering purchasing. Just looking at a picture online can be deceiving sometimes. It will make a product look bigger or smaller than it is. Make sure to read the description which means you know exactly what you are purchasing.
2. Once you enjoy the convenience of frequent online shopping, it's very important to keep changing the passwords you use for each account. Every few weeks roughly, make up a brand new password for the bank and also the shopping sites directly. Use abstract words, combined with numbers and other odd characters for your strongest passwords.
3. Make sure that you're entering your payment details on a good site. Try to find "https://" within the URL from the site that you're trying to buy something from. If you don't see that or no sign of any website security, then it's probably a wise idea not to trust those people together with your account information.
4. Never give out your Social Security number with an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and personal information to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you continue an online store site and find out that as being a requirement, do not buy everything from them and shop somewhere else.
5. Try to find coupons before purchasing a product online. Most online stores always have some promotional offers going on. If you do not find any information regarding current offers on the site of the online store, look on other sites. Customers sometimes share their coupon codes on message boards or couponning blogs.