1. If you think that you will be making a lot of online purchases down the road, consider trying to get a separate credit card to use simply for these transactions. It is much easier to track all transactions should they be the only items listed on this card's transaction records. Additionally, you don't need to worry regarding your own funds being compromised, even temporarily, if you are a victim of fraud.
2. A great way to stay safe when shopping online is in order to avoid clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email coming from a company, proceed to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails requesting personal information or account information.
3. If you shop frequently at a certain website or online store, it might be worth it to sign up for their email updates which often have special offers and sales. This can result in savings for you as you may obtain a discount on the item or perhaps free shipping, which can add up to bigger savings if you purchase from the site often.
4. Once you enjoy the comfort of frequent online shopping, it's very important to keep changing the passwords you use for each and every account. Every few weeks approximately, make up a new password for your bank as well as the shopping sites directly. Use abstract words, combined with numbers and other odd characters for the strongest passwords.
5. When you are online shopping, you should only shop at reputable stores. If the store does not have a good reputation, you may be asking for trouble. Some people have had their credit card and personal information stolen from shopping on less than reputable websites. Be careful and protect your private information.