1. If you are going to be shopping on the web, make sure that you practice it from a computer connection you know is secure, like one that you have at home. Hackers try to find WI-Fi connections in public places when they are scouting for victims, so avoid shopping when using them.
2. If you're making an online purchase, don't hesitate to contact customer care if you have a matter. By contacting customer service before making your order, you'll find out how helpful customer service is and how quickly they respond. This really is useful information to have in the event that something goes wrong after you've made your purchase.
3. Get engaged in the social media of your favorite online stores. Brands with big online presences typically put lots of money behind their social media, and that includes offering their followers some mega-discounts and exclusive deals. You generally is one of the lucky ones scoring these handles just a quick follow or fanning.
4. If you are shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is not any website that needs this number for you to buy something. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, perhaps you are on a scam website. Leave this site and locate one that includes a better reputation.
5. After you have found the items you desire, check to see if there are any coupons offered. There are many websites that offer coupons. These coupons can be a certain percent off, a certain dollar amount off or free delivery. Many times several coupons are available. If this is the situation, choose the one which will save you the most money.