1. In the event you shop frequently at a certain website or online store, it may be worth it to enroll in their email updates which normally have special offers and sales. This can lead to savings for you personally as you may obtain a discount in the item as well as free shipping, which can add up to bigger savings if you buy from the site often.
2. If you're making an online purchase, don't hesitate to contact customer service if you have a question. By contacting customer service before making your order, you'll find out how helpful customer service is and how quickly they respond. This is useful information to have in the event that something goes wrong after you've made your purchase.
3. When a company has a newsletter, sign up. Often, companies will give sneak peeks, deals and online coupons to people on their own mailing list. However, be careful. You don't want to sign up for every company's newsletter or you'll soon be buried under endless emails. Only subscribe to a company's newsletter in the event you really like their products and would use a discount code.
4. If you want to buy books online, you'll get a better deal if you get them used. Based on the condition you receive them in, you may just end up paying a few cents plus shipping. Make sure you go through the description of the book to see if there are any damages you should be aware of.
5. Call the online company before making a purchase. For those who have some kind of downside to your purchase, you want to be able to know that one could reach customer care easily. That's why it's a good idea to call before you give them your bank card information. Should you can't get anyone on the telephone, steer clear.