1. Call the online company prior to making a purchase. In case you have some kind of downside to your purchase, you want to be able to know that you could reach customer care easily. That's why it's a good idea to call before you give them your credit card information. In the event you can't get anyone on the telephone, steer clear.
2. When shopping online, it is essential that you spend a little time looking into the site that you will be considering buying from. You can get information about the web page from other sites and the Better Business Bureau. Not researching them could lead to you having the products you did not order or getting billed a lot more than you should have.
3. Before buying from a new online retailer, perform some research on them. Check online reviews from other customers to see the actual way it handles things like customer service, shipping, and its overall buying experience. You can also look at the BBB to find out if it has any disputes and whether those disputes were resolved professionally. Try contacting the company via email and phone number, if it's posted to ask questions regarding its business before you buy anything.
4. When looking for a product online, take the time to read reviews. Try finding the same product on different sites to read as numerous reviews as possible. Reading many reviews will allow you to get a more general notion of whether or not the item you are interested in meets high standards of quality.
5. In case you are shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is absolutely no website that requires this number for you to make a purchase. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, you may be on a scam website. Leave this site and locate one which has a better reputation.