1. When looking for a product online, take the time to read reviews. Try finding the same product on different sites to read as much reviews as is possible. Reading many reviews will allow you to get a more general idea of whether or not the product you are interested in meets high standards of quality.
2. If you have questions while shopping, search for a live chat function in the online store. Many big brands (and even some boutique stores) now have this functionality. It is possible to chat immediately with a customer support representative to correct any issues or answer any questions before buying. That can provide you with a lot of reassurance.
3. When shopping online, it's best to shop around to find the best price. Shopping online makes it very easy to find the best price for virtually any items. While shopping around, make certain you only look at the prices from places where you'd feel comfortable buying from. Even if a price is great, it won't matter if you don't want to order from that place.
4. If you're concerned about whether a shopping site is legitimate or otherwise not, do some research about this. The internet could be a great way to learn about other people's experiences with assorted sites. When the reviews of others seem promising, consider making a small first order. This can allow you to test out the customer service, shipping, and obtain a feel for the organization without risking a lot of money.
5. Make it a habit to register for price alerts. This goes even for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will tell you when a product has dropped to a price you like. And when you've recently purchased at full price, you can ask for a price adjustment to meet the new deal.