1. If you find a fantastic product on your own favorite site, search for it in the search engines before you buy it. Make note of the model number or brand, and do a quick search to ensure that you can't have it cheaper from somewhere else. You might be able to save a few dollars that way.
2. Ensure that you're entering your payment details on a good site. Try to find "https://" in the URL of the site that you're seeking to buy something from. If you don't see that or no indication of any website security, then it's probably a great idea not to trust those people along with your account information.
3. Never give out your Social Security number with an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and personal data to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you go on an online store site and find out that as a requirement, tend not to buy everything from them and shop elsewhere.
4. In case you are shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is absolutely no website that really needs this number for you to buy something. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, you may be on a scam website. Leave this site and discover one which has a better reputation.
5. Find out the online store's return policy. In case you are considering making a purchase on an item that you may want to return, make sure to find out if returning the item is an option. Sometimes when you shop online, items can not be returned and you do not want to be tied to an unwanted item.