1. Do not spend too much money on shipping. Shipping charges can actually add up. Many sites offer free shipping, free delivery once you spend a certain amount, or possess a coupon code that permits you to get free freight. Instead of paying your cash on shipping, look for a store that ships for free.
2. To help protect your credit, use only one credit card for online purchases. This will help you quickly track your spending habits when the credit card statement is available in the mail. If you notice any charges that you did not make, call the credit card company immediately and report it to them.
3. When you're shopping online you have to be sure you are aware who you're buying from. If you're buying upon an online auction site, only buy from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see should they be a reputable company by trying to find reviews to them online.
4. If you're considering buying a product online, look into the reviews. The reviews using their company people that have used the product can give you a good idea about the product. You may be able to find out the standard of the product, when it worked as described, and if you should have the purchase.
5. Should you shop frequently at a certain website or online store, it may be worth it to sign up for their email updates which often have special offers and sales. This can result in savings for you personally as you may obtain a discount in the item or perhaps free shipping, which may add up to bigger savings if you buy from the site often.