1. While shopping online, make sure the site you might be on starts with "https". The "S" signifies that the site is secure, which entails that one could safely enter your personal information without having to concern yourself with identity theft. In case a site does not have the "S" in it, you might want to avoid using it.
2. If you're considering buying a product online, browse the reviews. The reviews off their people that have used the product can give you a great idea about the product. You could possibly find out the standard of the product, if it worked as described, and if you should make the purchase.
3. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Lots of the big retailers often have promotions running that are not advertised on the home page. Doing a quick hunt for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
4. Be careful where you submit your charge card information. When you are shopping online, only use secure sites. These are sites that have taken steps to guard your valuable information. A secured website will begin with HTTPS rather than the standard HTTP. There can also be a locked icon, in a choice of your address or status bar, depending on which browser you use.
5. Do not spend too much cash on shipping. Shipping charges can really add up. Many sites offer free shipping, free shipping once you spend a certain amount, or have a coupon code that allows you to get free delivery. Instead of paying your hard earned money on shipping, look for a store that ships for free.