1. Do not forget to comparison shop when you are looking for things online. People usually do that when shopping in physical stores, but they don't think about it on the net. If you choose the first sale you see, there exists a chance you are going to miss out on a better deal elsewhere.
2. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Most of the big retailers often have promotions running that are not advertised on the home page. Carrying out a quick search for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
3. Talk to your friends about their favorite online stores. There are millions of sites out there, and there is no method for you to find them all yourself. Talk to the people you understand to find out who the reputable online retailers are, and where they like to purchase. This can save you a lot of time and energy.
4. If a company includes a newsletter, register. Often, companies will give sneak peeks, deals and discount codes to people on their own mailing list. However, be careful. You don't want to sign up for every company's newsletter or you'll soon be buried under endless emails. Only join a company's newsletter if you really like their products and services and would use a promotion code.
5. Before buying coming from a new online retailer, do some research on them. Check online reviews from other customers to see how it handles things like customer service, shipping, and its overall buying experience. You can also check the BBB to determine if it has any disputes and whether those disputes were resolved professionally. Try contacting the company via email and phone number, if it's posted to ask questions on its business before you buy anything.