1. Always save copies of your orders and receipts from online purchases. Many stores will redirect you to a page after you've submitted your order detailing everything that was bought, customer information, the prices, etc. You should either print a duplicate of this or save a duplicate to your computer in case any issues arise before the end of the return period. Be sure to save any emails concerning your items' status or correspondence with the company regarding your orders, too.
2. Although it may seem tedious, ensure you read the contract and terms before you purchase at a website. These documents have valuable information on what you can and cannot do when you have an issue with the item that you bought. Read them thoroughly so that you do not have an unwelcome surprise when trying to return items.
3. Before purchasing a product online, find out more about shipping. If you do not find any details about shipping costs, contact the seller to find out if there are additional charges for shipping. If there are several shipping options, choose an affordable and reliable option to make sure you receive your product quickly.
4. A great way to stay safe while shopping online is to prevent clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from a company, go to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails asking for personal information or account information.
5. If you wish to buy a used product online, learn more about the vendor first. You should visit their profile and search for reviews authored by other shoppers who bought products using this seller. Do not hesitate to contact the seller to inquire about a few questions concerning the product you are looking at.