1. A great way to stay safe while shopping online is to avoid clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from a company, proceed to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails seeking personal information or account information.
2. Be extra careful when you try to find shopping deals on social media. Although it's a great way to get announcements regarding sales and coupon-codes, social media marketing accounts can be simply impersonated or even out-right hacked. Get your info on the social networking sites, then proceed directly to the main site of the store mentioned to wheel and deal.
3. To help protect your credit, use only one credit card for online purchases. This will help you quickly track your spending habits when the charge card statement is available in the mail. If you notice any charges that you did not make, call the credit card company immediately and report it to them.
4. Call the internet company before you make a purchase. For those who have some kind of problem with your purchase, you want in order to know that you can reach customer service easily. That's why it's a good idea to call before you allow them to have your bank card information. If you can't get anyone on the phone, steer clear.
5. When you are shopping online, you should only shop at reputable stores. If the store does not have a good reputation, you may be seeking trouble. Many people have had their credit card and personal information stolen from shopping on less than reputable websites. Be careful and protect your private information.