1. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful with the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or larger than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if an item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
2. Internet shopping is a wonderful way to save money as you can check around so easily. If you're looking to save as much money as possible, remember to check out any deals the online store may offer. Most stores offer some from of sale or deal frequently, which means you should be able to find a great deal that may help you save a lot more money.
3. When you are creating any purchases on the web and you are required to create a user account, never use the same passwords that you use on other websites. Do not use your e-mail or banking password to make a free account to buy shoes from a web retailer. If a person was able to check this out password, they can have access to more than just your profile on the retailer's store.
4. If you feel you will be making a lot of online purchases later on, consider trying to get a separate bank card to use simply for these transactions. It is much easier to track all transactions when they are the only items listed on this card's transaction records. Additionally, you don't need to worry regarding your own funds being compromised, even temporarily, if you are a victim of fraud.
5. While shopping online, be sure that the online store offers secure checkout. This will help protect your own personal information from being stolen. To ensure the site is encrypted check out into your web browser's URL box. The web page is secured if the website starts with https. This is short for hyper transfer protocol secure.