1. If you think that you will be making a lot of online purchases in the future, consider applying for a separate bank card to use only for these transactions. It is easier to track all transactions should they be the only items listed with this card's transaction records. Additionally, you don't need to worry about your own funds being compromised, even temporarily, if you are a victim of fraud.
2. Once you enjoy the ease of frequent online shopping, it's extremely important to keep changing the passwords you use for every account. Every couple of weeks approximately, make up a brand new password to your bank and also the shopping sites directly. Use abstract words, combined with numbers and other odd characters for your strongest passwords.
3. Do more research on the online store you are looking at before ordering a product from their store. If a store does not provide quality service or products, you will more than likely find some negative reviews published on other sites. It is best to stay with online stores having an excellent reputation.
4. Be cautious where you submit your bank card information. When you find yourself shopping online, always employ secure sites. These are sites that have taken steps to protect your valuable information. A secured website will begin with HTTPS instead of the standard HTTP. There will also be a locked icon, in a choice of your address or status bar, according to which browser you use.
5. To help protect your credit, use only one credit card for online purchases. This will help you quickly track your spending habits when the credit card statement comes in the mail. If you notice any charges that you did not make, call the credit card company immediately and report it to them.