1. If you're considering buying a product online, look into the reviews. The reviews from other people that have used the product should be able to give you a good idea about the product. You might be able to find out the standard of the product, when it worked as described, and if you should create the purchase.
2. Transform it into a habit to register for price alerts. This goes even for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will let you know whenever a product has dropped to your price you want. And if you've recently purchased at full price, it is possible to ask for a price adjustment to satisfy the new deal.
3. If you are looking for the best coupons, consider registering for the newsletters of the stores that you love the most. Often stores give their best coupons and discounts to those that have signed up for the first time. And they'll continue to provide great deals to those that have shown big interest in the brand, and so the signup can lead to some phenomenal savings.
4. After you have found the items you would like, check to see if there are any coupons offered. There are many websites that offer coupons. These coupons can be a certain percent off, a certain dollar amount off or free shipping. Many times several coupons are available. If this is the case, choose one that will save you as much as possible.
5. Be wary of overdoing it. It is much easier to overspend when you find yourself shopping online. You start to rationalize that you can spend more for those shoes because you saved money on gas and the food you would have gotten if you went to the mall, for instance. Give yourself a limit and follow it.