1. When getting things shipped to your home which you bought online, know your consumer rights regarding time tables and condition of merchandise. You have a directly to receive items according to the terms stated once you ordered them and reasonable expectations of goods being undamaged. Talk with the BBB for exact specifics and get what's arriving at you fairly!
2. Look for coupons before purchasing a product online. Most online stores also have some promotional offers taking place. If you do not find any information regarding current offers on the site in the online store, look on other sites. Customers sometimes share their online coupons on discussion boards or couponning blogs.
3. Discover the online store's return policy. If you are considering creating a purchase on an item that you might like to return, make sure to find out if returning the item is definitely an option. Sometimes when you shop online, items are unable to be returned and you do not want to be saddled with an unwanted item.
4. Do more research on the online store you are looking at before ordering a product from their website. If a store does not provide quality service or products, you will probably find some negative reviews published on other sites. It is best to stay with online stores with an excellent reputation.
5. Make sure that you're entering your payment details on a secure site. Try to find "https://" within the URL in the site that you're trying to buy something from. If you don't see that or no indication of any website security, then it's probably a wise idea not to trust those people together with your account information.