1. A great way to stay safe when shopping online is to prevent clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from the company, proceed to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails asking for personal information or account information.
2. When looking for a product online, take the time to read reviews. Try finding the same product on different sites to read as numerous reviews as possible. Reading many reviews will allow you to get a more general notion of whether or not the item you are interested in meets high standards of quality.
3. While shopping online, ensure that the online store offers secure checkout. This helps protect your personal information from being stolen. To ensure the website is encrypted look up into your web browser's URL box. The web page is secured if the website starts with https. This stands for hyper transfer protocol secure.
4. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful with the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or larger than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if an item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
5. Be sure that you're entering your payment details on a good site. Search for "https://" in the URL from the site that you're seeking to buy something from. If you don't see that or no sign of any website security, then it's probably a good idea not to trust those people with your account information.