1. When you're shopping online you need to be sure you know who you're buying from. If you're buying upon an online auction site, only purchase from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see should they be a reputable company by trying to find reviews upon them online.
2. When shopping online, it's best to look around to find the best price. Shopping online makes it very easy to find the best price for virtually any items. While shopping around, make certain you only look at the prices from places where you'd feel comfortable buying from. Even if a value is great, it won't matter if you don't want to order from that place.
3. Many online shopping sites offer discounts if you use a "discount code". These codes can be found online simply by entering the words "coupon code" along with the manufacturer or name of the website you will be buying from. They might offer a percentage off or free shipping simply by entering within a simple code which can be easily found by investing a few minutes trying to find it.
4. Once you enjoy the comfort of frequent online shopping, it's extremely important to keep changing the passwords you use for each account. Every few weeks approximately, make up a whole new password for the bank and the shopping sites directly. Use abstract words, combined with numbers and other odd characters for that strongest passwords.
5. A reputable online seller must have a history that is recorded with the Better Business Bureau. Check with the BBB before you part with your hard earned money to find out if there have been any major or continual complaints lodged against them. You don't wish to be spending your money with a company that fails to deliver.