1. Find out more about the payment methods available from the online store you are interested in. Most stores give you the option to pay with a credit card or with PayPal. A credit card is a safe option only if the store features a secure server. If you do not see any details about safety, it is advisable to go through a different store.
2. Sign up for your chosen online stores' newsletters. Many times online stores will be sending out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to save cash, you could possibly score some great deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.
3. Sign-up for any identity theft protection your credit card company offers, specifically if you shop online often. No matter how safe you are or how diligently you believe you can protect your information, it's never one hundred percent guaranteed. Take full advantage of automatic ID protection and know you will have back-up, should the worst occur.
4. Be wary of overdoing it. It is much easier to overspend when you are shopping online. You begin to rationalize that you can spend more money for those shoes because you saved money on gas and the food you would have gotten should you went to the mall, as an example. Give yourself a restriction and stay with it.
5. Always look for coupon codes when shopping on the web. Many internet retailers give out reduced prices for various things and you can locate them by performing a simple search. Just type in the name in the store and coupon and you could find a great discount. This really is a great way to spend less when you shop online.