1. Search for coupons before purchasing a product online. Most online stores always have some promotional offers going on. If you do not find any information about current offers on the site in the online store, look on other sites. Customers sometimes share their online coupons on message boards or couponning blogs.
2. When you are online shopping, you should only shop at reputable stores. If the store does not have a strong reputation, you may be requesting trouble. Many people have had their credit card and personal information stolen from shopping on under reputable websites. Be careful and protect your private information.
3. When you're shopping online you have to be sure you know who you're buying from. If you're buying on an online auction site, only purchase from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see when they are a reputable company by searching for reviews upon them online.
4. When searching out the best price to get a big ticket item, be sure to check the store reviews to see if other customers experienced a good experience with them. It is also a good idea to consult with the Better Business Bureau also. You want to make certain that the business is legitimate and values you as a client.
5. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful with the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or bigger than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if an item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.