1. Do more research in the online store you are considering before ordering a product from them. If a store does not provide quality service or products, you will probably find some negative reviews published on other sites. It is best to stick to online stores with the excellent reputation.
2. Discover more about the payment methods offered by the online store you are interested in. Most stores give you the option to pay with credit cards or with PayPal. A charge card is a safe option only when the store has a secure server. If you do not see any information regarding safety, it is advisable to go through a different store.
3. If you like an internet store, sign up for their email distribution list. You will probably receive some coupons and information about deals within your mailbox. Check these emails regularly to keep up to date with good deals and promotional offers. Most online stores often offer free freight or discounts on certain products.
4. For those who have questions while shopping, choose a live chat function around the online store. Many big brands (and even some boutique stores) now have this functionality. You are able to chat immediately with a customer service representative to fix any issues or answer any questions before you purchase. That can present you with a lot of peace of mind.
5. Transform it into a habit to register for price alerts. This goes even for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will let you know when a product has dropped to some price you prefer. And if you've recently purchased at full price, you can ask for a price adjustment to fulfill the new deal.