1. Do more research on the online store you are looking at before ordering a product from their website. If a store does not provide quality service or products, you will most likely find some negative reviews published on other sites. It is best to stick to online stores with an excellent reputation.
2. If you feel that you will be making a lot of online purchases in the future, consider trying to get a separate charge card to use simply for these transactions. It is much easier to track all transactions when they are the only items listed with this card's transaction records. Additionally, you don't need to worry regarding your own funds being compromised, even temporarily, if you are a victim of fraud.
3. A good online shopping tip to remember would be to leave feedback after buying from a source you've never bought from before. This will help the two of you because you'll remember whether you've had a good experience from them, and they can also gain a reputation as a seller.
4. If you want to buy books online, you'll get yourself a better deal if you get them used. Depending on the condition you get them in, you may just end up paying a few cents plus shipping. Make sure you read through the description of the book to see if you will find any damages you should be aware of.
5. Do not forget to comparison shop when you are looking for things online. People usually do that when shopping in physical stores, but they don't think about it on the web. If you choose the first sale you see, there exists a chance you are going to miss out on an improved deal someplace else.