1. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Many of the big retailers often have promotions running which are not advertised on the home page. Performing a quick hunt for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
2. Check out coupon sites. Anything you want to buy could have coupons or discount codes. Before you purchase something, make sure that you have the ability to require a few seconds and do a quick search. You could even want to bookmark some coupon sites to have ready when you buy.
3. Call the online company before making a purchase. In case you have some kind of downside to your purchase, you want so that you can know that you can reach customer service easily. That's why it's a good idea to call before you allow them to have your credit card information. If you can't get anyone on the phone, steer clear.
4. Search for coupons before purchasing a product online. Most online stores always have some promotional offers happening. If you do not find any details about current offers on the site in the online store, look on other sites. Customers sometimes share their online coupons on discussion boards or couponning blogs.
5. If you like an internet store, join their email distribution list. You will probably receive some coupons and information about deals inside your mailbox. Check these emails regularly to keep up to date with discounted prices and promotional offers. Most online stores often offer free delivery or discounts on certain products.