1. Make it a habit to register for price alerts. This goes for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will tell you when a product has dropped to a price you like. And when you've recently purchased at full price, you can request a price adjustment to meet the newest deal.
2. When you're shopping online you need to be sure you are aware who you're buying from. If you're buying on an online auction site, only buy from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see when they are a reputable company by looking for reviews upon them online.
3. Look for the right times to shop online. Often the stores that you frequent will have online sales that follow a time pattern. Many, for instance, schedule sales for the beginning of the month or at the end. If you see there's a pattern, hold off on buying anything until the upcoming sales period begins.
4. When looking for a product online, take the time to read reviews. Try finding the same product on different sites to read as much reviews as you can. Reading many reviews can help you get a more general notion of whether or not the item you are interested in meets high standards of quality.
5. When shopping for a certain item, check several different online retailers. Many times with a little searching, you save as much as 25 %. Look at many different websites to make sure you are getting the best bargain. When figuring each website's price, be sure you include shipping costs into your calculations.