1. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Many times companies offer expedited shipping. However, often times getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.
2. When getting things shipped to your home which you bought online, know your consumer rights regarding time tables and condition of merchandise. You have a right to receive items according to the terms stated once you ordered them and reasonable expectations of goods being undamaged. Talk with the BBB for exact specifics and acquire what's arriving at you fairly!
3. After you have found the items you want, check to see if there are any coupons offered. There are many websites that offer coupons. These coupons can be a certain percent off, a certain dollar amount off or free shipping. Many times several coupons are offered. If this is the case, choose the one which will save you as much as possible.
4. To guard yourself use a credit card when shopping online. The federal government has passed laws to protect consumers in the event of fraud. The amount the buyer is responsible for is actually a mere $50.00 as compared to debit cards where the entire balance can be withdrawn by internet hackers.
5. Learn the online store's return policy. In case you are considering creating a purchase on an item that you may want to return, be sure you find out if returning the item is surely an option. Sometimes when you shop online, items cannot be returned and you do not want to be tied to an unwanted item.