1. Be suspicious of overdoing it. It is much easier to overspend if you are shopping online. You start to rationalize that you can spend more for those shoes because you saved money on gas and the food you would have gotten in the event you went to the mall, for example. Give yourself a restriction and follow it.
2. When you are searching for a spot to buy a product and not one of the results seem to be from familiar retailers, you need to be hesitant about entering your details. Look for security signs from Verisign or Cybertrust, which means you know the retailer is not to take your hard earned money.
3. A great way to stay safe while shopping online is in order to avoid clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email coming from a company, go to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails requesting personal information or account information.
4. Be extra careful when you look for shopping deals on social media marketing. Although it's a great way to get announcements regarding sales and coupon-codes, social media marketing accounts can easily be impersonated or perhaps out-right hacked. Get your info on the social networking sites, then proceed directly to the key site from the store mentioned to wheel and deal.
5. When you're shopping online you need to be sure that you know who you're buying from. If you're buying with an online auction site, only order from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see should they be a reputable company by looking for reviews on them online.