1. If you find a fantastic product on your own favorite site, search for it in an internet search engine before you buy it. Make note of the model number or brand, and do a quick search to ensure that you can't have it cheaper from somewhere else. You might be able to save a few dollars that way.
2. Be wary of the emails you get, even if they appear to be from the retailer you trust. Never click on a link that directs you to a web site other than the one you shopped on. Should you do, you may become vulnerable to a gimmick. Rather than clicking on an email hyperlink, just go as much as your browser and enter in the web site you want to go to. It is much safer that way.
3. Get engaged in the social media of your own favorite online retailers. Brands with big online presences typically put lots of money behind their social media, and this includes offering their followers some mega-discounts and exclusive deals. You can be one of the lucky ones scoring these works with just a quick follow or fanning.
4. When you are online shopping, you should only shop at reputable stores. If the store does not have a strong reputation, you may be asking for trouble. Some individuals have had their credit card and personal information stolen from shopping on under reputable websites. Be careful and protect your private information.
5. Do not forget to comparison shop when you are looking for things online. People usually do that when shopping in physical stores, but they don't think about it on the Internet. If you choose the first sale you see, there exists a chance you are going to miss out on a much better deal elsewhere.