1. Before shopping from a store that is new to you, discover what the store's reputation is like. You can usually do an internet search and learn what others think of the business. It is best to do that so you may not find out the difficult way and lose your money.
2. When you are searching for a spot to buy a product and no results seem to be from familiar retailers, you ought to be hesitant about entering your information. Look for security signs from Verisign or Cybertrust, which means you know the retailer is not out to take your cash.
3. Make sure that when you buy something online, you are aware of when the site is secure or not. You do not want your information being compromised in this day and age. Identity theft is quite common, and you also must protect your information at all cost so that you wish to keep making purchases online.
4. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful with the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or larger than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if an item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
5. Before you start your online shopping, make sure that you've got up-to-date antivirus software. Shopping online is a hotbed for suspect websites. Many people build stores with the goal to infect your computer with malware. It's best which you take precautions prior to visiting any stores, no matter how reputable you feel these are.