1. A good online shopping tip to remember is always to leave feedback after buying from a source you've never bought from before. This will help the two of you because you'll remember if you've had a good experience from them, and they will also acquire a reputation as being a seller.
2. Be wary of overdoing it. It is much easier to overspend if you are shopping online. You start to rationalize that you can spend more for those shoes because you saved money on gas and the food you would have gotten if you went to the mall, as an example. Give yourself a restriction and stay with it.
3. Make it a habit to register for price alerts. This goes even for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will let you know when a product has dropped to a price you like. And in case you've recently purchased at full price, you can request a price adjustment to meet the new deal.
4. Online shopping is a great way to find items that are out of stock at your local store. For instance, if you are unable to find a certain size of jeans at the store close to you, you can look on the store's website and find out if they are available to be shipped to you.
5. When shopping for a certain item, check several different online retailers. Many times with a bit of searching, you save as much as 25 %. Look at a number of websites to ensure that you are getting the best deal. When figuring each website's price, ensure you include shipping costs in your calculations.