1. If you're making an online purchase, don't hesitate to contact customer support if you have an issue. By contacting customer service before making your order, you'll learn how helpful customer support is and exactly how quickly they respond. This can be useful information to have in the event that something goes completely wrong after you've made your purchase.
2. Call the online company before making a purchase. If you have some kind of problem with your purchase, you want in order to know that you could reach customer care easily. That's why it's a good idea to call before you provide them with your charge card information. In the event you can't get anyone on the phone, steer clear.
3. Transform it into a habit to sign up for price alerts. This goes even for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will let you know each time a product has dropped to a price you prefer. And if you've recently purchased at full price, you can ask for a price adjustment to satisfy the new deal.
4. Never give out your Social Security number with an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and personal information to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you go on an online store site and find out that as being a requirement, usually do not buy anything from them and shop somewhere else.
5. To protect yourself use a credit card while shopping online. The government has passed laws to protect consumers in the event of fraud. The amount the consumer is responsible for is actually a mere $50.00 as compared to debit cards where the entire balance may be withdrawn by internet hackers.