1. Should you be shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is not any website that really needs this number for you to make a purchase. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, you are probably on a scam website. Leave this site and discover one that has a better reputation.
2. If you are looking for the best coupons, consider subscribing to the newsletters of the stores that you love the most. Often stores give their best coupons and discounts to those that have signed up the very first time. And they'll continue to provide great deals to those that have shown big desire for the brand, and so the signup can cause some phenomenal savings.
3. Before you make a purchase, make a price comparison on several websites. Search for special coupons and offers on these websites to ensure that you are getting the best bargain possible. Also look into exactly what it will cost for that shipping on your items and in case there are free shipping options open to you.
4. While shopping online, you have to be extra careful if you are using your cellphone to purchase online. Employing a public Wi-Fi can leave your personal vulnerable to hackers. Try to only use your secured network when shopping online using a cellphone and never make use of a public Wi-Fi hot location to shop.
5. Sign up for the website's newsletter if they have one. Many times stores will give you a price reduction or some kind of deal whenever you sign up for their newsletter. Find out if there is a deal associated with subscribing to the newsletter at any store you need to shop at.