1. When searching for a product online, take the time to read reviews. Try finding the same product on different sites to read as much reviews as you can. Reading many reviews will help you get a more general concept of whether or not the merchandise you are interested in meets high standards of quality.
2. Read customer testimonials before you buy anything. People are more than happy to complain about bad service online, so look for sites and testimonials which can be terrible so that you know what you're getting into. You need to take bad reviews with a grain of salt, but if you see many, you know you will find a problem.
3. When shopping for a specific item, check several different internet retailers. Many times with some searching, you can save as much as 25 %. Look at a variety of websites to ensure that you are getting the best offer. When figuring each website's price, be sure you include shipping costs to your calculations.
4. Find out the online store's return policy. If you are considering making a purchase on an item that you might want to return, ensure you find out if returning the item is definitely an option. Sometimes when you shop online, items are unable to be returned and you may not want to be tied to an unwanted item.
5. Sign up for your favorite online stores' newsletters. Often online stores will be sending out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to spend less, you might be able to score some great deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.