1. If you're making an online purchase, don't hesitate to contact customer care if you have a matter. By contacting customer service before you make your order, you'll find out how helpful customer care is and how quickly they respond. This can be useful information to have in case something fails after you've made your purchase.
2. Do not forget to comparison shop when you are looking for things online. People usually accomplish this when shopping in physical stores, but they don't think about it on the web. If you go for the first sale you see, there is a chance you are going to miss out on a much better deal elsewhere.
3. Never give out your Social Security number to an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and personal information to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you go on an online store site and find out that as a requirement, do not buy everything from them and shop elsewhere.
4. When you are shopping online, you should only shop at reputable stores. If the store does not have a strong reputation, you may be seeking trouble. Some people have had their credit card and private information stolen from shopping on lower than reputable websites. Be careful and protect your private information.
5. When shopping for a product online, take the time to read reviews. Try finding the same product on different sites to read as numerous reviews as you can. Reading many reviews will allow you to get a more general notion of whether or not the product you are interested in meets high standards of quality.