1. When shopping online, make sure the site you are on starts off with "https". The "S" signifies that the site is secure, which entails that you can safely enter your personal information without having to be worried about identity theft. In case a site does not have the "S" in it, you might want to avoid using it.
2. Be extra careful when you look for shopping deals on social media marketing. Although it's a great way to get announcements regarding sales and coupon-codes, social networking accounts can easily be impersonated or even out-right hacked. Get your information on the social networks, then proceed directly to the key site of the store mentioned to wheel and deal.
3. If you're considering buying a product online, browse the reviews. The reviews using their company people that have used the product will be able to give you a good idea about the product. You could possibly find out the caliber of the product, when it worked as described, and if you should have the purchase.
4. Ensure that you're entering your payment details on a secure site. Try to find "https://" in the URL in the site that you're attempting to buy something from. If you don't see that or no indication of any website security, then it's probably a great idea not to trust those people together with your account information.
5. Online shopping is a great way to save money since you can shop around so easily. If you're looking to save as much money as possible, remember to check out any deals that this online store may offer. Most stores offer some from of sale or deal frequently, which means you should be able to find a great deal that will help you save a lot more money.