1. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful using the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or greater than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if the item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
2. If you are planning to be shopping on the web, make sure that you get it done from a computer connection you know is secure, like the one that you have in your own home. Hackers look for WI-Fi connections in public places while they are scouting for victims, so avoid shopping when using them.
3. When shopping for a specific item, check several different online retailers. Many times with some searching, you save as much as 25 %. Look at a variety of websites to make sure you are getting the best deal. When figuring each website's price, be sure you include shipping costs into your calculations.
4. If you like a web-based store, sign up for their email distribution list. You will probably receive some coupons and information about deals within your mailbox. Check these emails regularly to remain up to date with great deals and promotional offers. Most online stores often offer free shipping or discounts on certain products.
5. When shopping online, you should be extra careful if you are using your cellphone to purchase online. Employing a public Wi-Fi can leave your personal at risk of hackers. Try to only use your secured network when shopping online using a cellphone and never utilize a public Wi-Fi hot spot to shop.