1. A great way to stay safe while shopping online is to prevent clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from a company, proceed to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails seeking personal information or account information.
2. When you are online shopping, make sure that you are merely shopping on secure websites. Look in the web site URL and it also should display "https" as opposed to the usual "http" at the beginning. Also have an updated copy of anti-virus running on your computer too. This will make sure that you have a safe online shopping experience.
3. If you're considering buying a product online, look into the reviews. The reviews off their people that have used the product can give you a wise decision about the product. You could possibly find out the quality of the product, when it worked as described, and if you should make the purchase.
4. When shopping online, be certain the site you might be on starts off with "https". The "S" means that the site is secure, which entails that you can safely enter your personal information without having to be worried about identity theft. If a site lacks the "S" in it, you may want to avoid using it.
5. After you have found the items you would like, check to see if there are any coupons offered. There are many websites that offer coupons. These coupons can be a certain percent off, a certain dollar amount off or free freight. Many times several coupons are available. If this is the truth, choose the one which will save you as much as possible.