1. Many online shopping sites offer discounts if you use a "promotion code". These codes are often found online simply by entering the words "coupon code" along with the manufacturer or name of the website you will be buying from. They could offer a percentage off or free shipping just by entering inside a simple code which can be easily found by investing a few minutes trying to find it.
2. When looking for a product online, take the time to read reviews. Try finding the same product on different sites to read as many reviews as is possible. Reading many reviews will allow you to get a more general notion of whether or not the product you are interested in meets high standards of quality.
3. Make it a habit to sign up for price alerts. This goes even for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will let you know whenever a product has dropped to a price you want. And if you've recently purchased at full price, you are able to ask for a price adjustment to fulfill the new deal.
4. A reputable online seller should have a history that is recorded with the Better Business Bureau. Check with the BBB prior to deciding to part with your hard earned money to see if there have been any major or continual complaints lodged against them. You don't want to be spending your cash with a company that fails to deliver.
5. Be sure that when you make a purchase online, you are aware of in the event the site is secure or not. You may not want your information being compromised in nowadays. Identity theft is quite common, and you must protect your information at all cost so that you wish to keep making purchases online.