1. While shopping online, use a credit card rather than a debit card. This is because charge cards are based on your credit, not the amount of money in your bank account. If a internet hacker gets your banking information, they can completely ruin you within a matter of hours.
2. A great way to stay safe while shopping online is to prevent clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from the company, go to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails requesting personal information or account information.
3. An excellent tip to consider when you're thinking about online shopping is to make sure the site is legit. You don't wish to be giving your credit card information away to someone who could potentially scam you. Always look at the site to tell if it's professional and safe for use.
4. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Most of the big retailers often have promotions running which are not advertised on their own home page. Performing a quick look for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
5. Many online shopping sites offer discounts if you use a "discount code". These codes are easily found online simply by entering the words "coupon code" along with the manufacturer or name of the website you will be buying from. They may offer a percentage off or free shipping just by entering inside a simple code which can be easily found by investing a few minutes looking for it.