1. Do more research in the online store you are looking at before ordering a product from them. If a store does not provide quality service or products, you will probably find some negative reviews published on other sites. It is best to adhere to online stores having an excellent reputation.
2. Be careful which sites you patronize. It is difficult to find out which are on the up or higher and which are not, but there are a few clues. If the address does not seem sensible or the design seems off, go to a different site. Furthermore, if a variety of pop-up windows begin appearing, close them out and move on.
3. Be wary for any emails you receive, even if they appear to be from a retailer you trust. Never click on a link that directs you to a website other than the main one you shopped on. Should you do, you may become vulnerable to a gimmick. Rather than simply clicking an email hyperlink, just go as much as your browser and enter the web site you need to go to. It is much safer that way.
4. Before you make a purchase, compare prices on several websites. Search for special coupons and offers on these websites to ensure that you are getting the best deal possible. Also look into what it really will cost for your shipping on your items and if there are free shipping options available to you.
5. Be careful in regards to the online stores that you consider buying from. If the web store is poorly designed, filled with misspellings, and overall fishy, you should take your money elsewhere. These are signs that something might not be right about this store. It's safer to be safe than sorry.