1. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful using the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or larger than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if an item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
2. While shopping online, use a credit card rather than a debit card. This is because charge cards are based on your credit, not the amount of money in your bank account. If a internet hacker gets your banking information, they can completely ruin you within a point of hours.
3. Once you enjoy the ease of frequent online shopping, it's very important to keep changing the passwords you use for each account. Every couple of weeks or so, make up a whole new password for your bank and also the shopping sites directly. Use abstract words, combined with numbers and other odd characters for that strongest passwords.
4. When you are online shopping, you should only shop at reputable stores. If the store does not have a strong reputation, you may be asking for trouble. Some people have had their credit card and personal information stolen from shopping on under reputable websites. Be careful and protect your private information.
5. Many online shopping sites offer discounts if you use a "coupon code". These codes can be found online simply by entering the words "coupon code" along with the manufacturer or name of the website you will be buying from. They might offer a percentage off or free shipping just by entering inside a simple code which can be easily found by investing a few minutes trying to find it.