1. While shopping online, be certain the site you happen to be on begins with "https". The "S" signifies that the site is secure, which entails that one could safely enter your personal information without having to be worried about identity theft. If a site does not have the "S" in it, you may want to avoid using it.
2. If you find a fantastic product on your favorite site, search for it in an internet search engine before you buy it. Make note of the model number or brand, and do a quick search to make sure you can't get it cheaper from somewhere else. You might be able to save a few dollars like that.
3. Ensure that when you make a purchase online, you are aware of if the site is secure or not. You may not want your information being compromised in this day and age. Identity theft is fairly common, and also you must protect your information at all cost so that you will wish to keep making purchases online.
4. When shopping online, most places only accept debit or credit cards. Keep this in mind when you are deciding on a site to purchase from. If you don't feel comfortable providing the company with your credit card information, look for another site. Try to find a web site that offers a safe and secure page when you're adding your bank card information.
5. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Most of the big retailers often have promotions running which are not advertised on their home page. Doing a quick search for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.