1. If a company features a newsletter, sign-up. Often, companies will give sneak peeks, special deals and discount codes to people on the mailing list. However, be careful. You don't want to sign up for every company's newsletter or you'll soon be buried under endless emails. Only subscribe to a company's newsletter if you really like their products and services and would use a promotion code.
2. A great way to stay safe while shopping online is to prevent clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email coming from a company, proceed to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails asking for personal information or account information.
3. Do more research around the online store you are considering before ordering a product from their store. If a store does not provide quality service or products, you will probably find some negative reviews published on other sites. It is best to adhere to online stores with the excellent reputation.
4. Search for coupons before purchasing a product online. Most online stores always have some promotional offers happening. If you do not find any details about current offers on the site of the online store, look on other sites. Customers sometimes share their online coupons on discussion boards or couponning blogs.
5. Make it a habit to register for price alerts. It goes even for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will let you know when a product has dropped to your price you want. And if you've recently purchased at full price, it is possible to ask for a price adjustment to satisfy the new deal.