1. A great way to stay safe when you shop online is to prevent clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from a company, proceed to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails requesting personal information or account information.
2. A good online shopping tip to remember is always to leave feedback after buying from a source you've never bought from before. This will help the two of you because you'll remember whether or not you've enjoyed a good experience from them, and they will also acquire a reputation as being a seller.
3. Be extra careful when you try to find shopping deals on social media. Although it's a great way to get announcements regarding sales and coupon-codes, social media accounts can be easily impersonated as well as out-right hacked. Get your information about the social media sites, then proceed directly to the primary site from the store mentioned to wheel and deal.
4. If you're considering buying a product online, browse the reviews. The reviews off their people that have used the product will be able to give you a great idea about the product. You could possibly find out the caliber of the product, if it worked as described, and if you should have the purchase.
5. Always remember your budget and credit limits while shopping online. The virtual world of online shopping has become a lot of people in serious debt. You need to look at online shopping in the same way you look at offline shopping. Never buy items online that you don't have the cash to pay for.