1. When you are creating any purchases on the internet and you are required to make a user account, never make use of the same passwords that you use on other websites. Do not use your e-mail or banking password to make a free account to buy shoes from a web retailer. If somebody was able to see this password, they might have access to not only your profile on the retailer's store.
2. Read customer testimonials before you buy anything. People are delighted to complain about bad service online, so search for sites and testimonials which can be terrible so you know what you're getting into. You need to take bad reviews with a grain of salt, but if you see many, you know there is a problem.
3. If you're making an online purchase, don't hesitate to contact customer service if you have a question. By contacting customer service before you make your order, you'll find out how helpful customer care is and how quickly they respond. This can be useful information to have when something fails after you've made your purchase.
4. If you're worried about whether a shopping site is legitimate or not, do some research about it. The internet may be a great way to discover other people's experiences with assorted sites. If the reviews of others seem promising, consider making a small first order. This can allow you to test out the consumer service, shipping, and obtain a feel for the business without risking a lot of money.
5. Look for coupon codes when shopping on the Internet. Many online retailers give out reductions for various things and you can find them by doing a simple search. Just enter in the name from the store and coupon and you may find a great discount. This is a great way to save money when you shop online.