1. Never give out your Social Security number to an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and personal data to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you continue an online store site and see that as a requirement, do not buy anything from them and shop somewhere else.
2. When shopping online, it is crucial that you spend a little time looking at the site that you will be considering buying from. You can get information about the site from other sites and the Better Business Bureau. Not researching them could lead to you obtaining the products you did not order or getting billed greater than you should have.
3. If you're making an online purchase, don't hesitate to contact customer support if you have a question. By contacting customer service before you make your order, you'll discover how helpful customer care is and how quickly they respond. This can be useful information to have in the event that something goes wrong after you've made your purchase.
4. Before investing in a product online, find out more about shipping. If you do not find any information regarding shipping costs, contact the seller to find out if there are additional charges for shipping. If there are several shipping options, choose an affordable and reliable option to make sure you receive your product quickly.
5. Be mindful which sites you patronize. It is difficult to learn which are on the up and up and which can be not, but there are a few clues. If the address does not sound right or the design seems off, go to a different site. In addition, if a variety of pop-up windows begin appearing, close them out and move on.