1. Before shopping from a store that is new to you, discover what the store's reputation is similar to. You can usually do a web-based search and learn what others think of the business. It is best to accomplish this so you do not find out the difficult way and lose your cash.
2. Always save copies of your orders and receipts from online purchases. Many stores will redirect one to a page after you've submitted a purchase detailing everything that was bought, customer information, the prices, etc. You should either print a duplicate of this or save a copy to your computer in case any issues arise before the end of the return period. Be sure to save any emails concerning your items' status or correspondence with the company regarding your orders, too.
3. Ensure that you're entering your payment details on a good site. Search for "https://" in the URL in the site that you're attempting to buy something from. If you don't see that or no indication of any website security, then it's probably a wise idea not to trust those people together with your account information.
4. Check out coupon sites. Whatever you desire to buy could have coupons or discount codes. Before buying something, ensure that you have the ability to have a few seconds and do a quick search. You may even wish to bookmark some coupon sites to have ready when you buy.
5. If you want to save cash on the products you buy online and would like to make internet shopping more fun, consider auction sites. You will get some good deals if you place your bids at the right moment and have some fun while browsing through auctions. Learn more about bidding strategies prior to getting started.