1. Make sure to read all the information about any product you are considering purchasing. Just looking with a picture online can be deceiving sometimes. It can make a product look bigger or smaller than it is. Make sure to read the description which means you know exactly what you are actually purchasing.
2. In case a company has a newsletter, sign up. Often, companies will give sneak peeks, special deals and discount codes to people on their mailing list. However, be careful. You don't want to sign up for every company's newsletter or you'll soon be buried under endless emails. Only join a company's newsletter if you really like their products and would use a discount code.
3. Do more research around the online store you are looking at before ordering a product from their website. If a store does not provide quality service or products, you will most likely find some negative reviews published on other sites. It is best to stay with online stores having an excellent reputation.
4. When you are shopping on the web, make sure that you are only shopping on secure websites. Look in the website URL plus it should display "https" instead of the usual "http" at the beginning. Also have an up-to-date copy of anti-virus running on your computer as well. This will make sure that you have a safe online shopping experience.
5. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful with the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or bigger than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if the item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.