1. In case you are shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is no website that really needs this number for you to make a purchase. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, you are probably on a scam website. Leave this site and locate one that includes a better reputation.
2. Be sure that you're entering your payment details on a safe and secure site. Look for "https://" within the URL in the site that you're attempting to buy something from. If you don't see that or no sign of any website security, then it's probably a wise idea not to trust those people with your account information.
3. Be sure that when you make a purchase online, you are aware of in the event the site is secure or not. You may not want your information being compromised in nowadays. Identity theft is very common, and you must protect your information whatsoever cost so you wish to keep making purchases online.
4. Try to find coupons before purchasing a product online. Most online stores always have some promotional offers going on. If you do not find any information about current offers on the site in the online store, look on other sites. Customers sometimes share their coupon codes on discussion boards or couponning blogs.
5. Make sure to read all the information about any product you are considering purchasing. Just looking in a picture online can be deceiving sometimes. It will make a product look bigger or smaller than. Make sure to read the description so that you know exactly what you really are purchasing.