1. Before buying coming from a new online retailer, do some research on them. Check online reviews from other customers to see the actual way it handles items like customer service, shipping, and its overall buying experience. You can also look into the BBB to see if it has any disputes and whether those disputes were resolved professionally. Try contacting the company via email and phone number, if it's posted to ask questions about its business before you buy anything.
2. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful with the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or bigger than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if the item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
3. After you have found the items you want, check to see if there are any coupons offered. There are many websites that offer coupons. These coupons can be a certain percent off, a certain dollar amount off or free shipping. Many times several coupons are offered. If this is the situation, choose the one which will save you as much as possible.
4. Before shopping from a store that is new to you, discover what the store's reputation is like. You can usually do an internet search and discover what others think of the business. It is best to do this so you do not find out the hard way and lose your money.
5. Sign up for the website's newsletter if they have one. Many times stores will give you a discount or some form of deal once you sign up for their newsletter. Determine if there is a deal associated with signing up for the newsletter at any store you want to shop at.