1. If you want to buy books online, you'll get a better deal if you get them used. Dependant upon the condition you obtain them in, you may just end up paying a few cents plus shipping. Make sure you go through the description of the book to see if there are any damages you should be aware of.
2. Do not forget to comparison shop when you are looking for things online. People usually accomplish this when shopping in physical stores, but they don't think about it on the web. If you go for the first sale you see, there exists a chance you are going to miss out on a much better deal elsewhere.
3. Make it a habit to register for price alerts. This goes even for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will let you know when a product has dropped to a price you like. And when you've recently purchased at full price, you can request a price adjustment to meet the new deal.
4. When looking for a product online, take the time to read reviews. Try finding the same product on different sites to read as much reviews as you can. Reading many reviews can help you get a more general notion of whether or not the merchandise you are interested in meets high standards of quality.
5. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Lots of the big retailers often have promotions running which are not advertised on their home page. Performing a quick hunt for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.