1. Before purchasing a product online, find out more about shipping. If you do not find any information regarding shipping costs, contact the seller to find out if there are additional charges for shipping. If there are several shipping options, choose an affordable and reliable option to make sure you receive your product quickly.
2. If you feel you will be making a lot of online purchases later on, consider obtaining a separate bank card to use simply for these transactions. It is easier to track all transactions if they are the only items listed with this card's transaction records. Additionally, you don't need to worry regarding your own funds being compromised, even temporarily, if you are a victim of fraud.
3. Make it a habit to sign up for price alerts. This goes even for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will let you know each time a product has dropped to a price you like. And if you've recently purchased at full price, you can ask for a price adjustment to fulfill the new deal.
4. If you want to save money on the products you get online and would like to make shopping online more fun, consider auction sites. You will get some terrific deals should you place your bids at the right moment and have some fun while browsing through auctions. Learn more about bidding strategies before getting started.
5. Read customer testimonials before you buy anything. People are delighted to complain about bad service online, so try to find sites and testimonials which can be terrible so you are aware what you're getting into. You need to take bad reviews with a grain of salt, but if you see many, you know there exists a problem.