1. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful using the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or larger than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if an item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
2. When a company includes a newsletter, sign up. Often, companies will give sneak peeks, promotions and coupon codes to people on their own mailing list. However, be careful. You don't want to sign up for every company's newsletter or you'll soon be buried under endless emails. Only subscribe to a company's newsletter if you really like their products and services and would use a coupon code.
3. A great way to stay safe while shopping online is to prevent clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from a company, proceed to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails seeking personal information or account information.
4. Always look for coupon codes when shopping on the Internet. Many online retailers give out reductions for various things and you can locate them by doing a simple search. Just enter the name of the store and coupon and you might find a great discount. This really is a great way to cut costs when you shop online.
5. Do more research around the online store you are looking at before ordering a product from them. If a store does not provide quality service or products, you will probably find some negative reviews published on other sites. It is best to stay with online stores with an excellent reputation.